Amazon PPC Campaign Structure - Scale Your PPC The Right Way

Amazon PPC Campaign Structure - Scale Your PPC The Right Way

Here's exactly how I structure my Amazon PPC campaigns and ad groups. One of the most overlooked pieces of structure that people do not optimize in amazon ads is the campaign and ad group name. I'm going to share exactly how I name campaigns and ad groups for my clients. I also teach this to my amazon advertising students.

This Amazon PPC campaign structure has been developed after working for years in Amazon advertising and helping hundreds of Amazon private label sellers.

When I started my career as an Amazon ads consultant I really had no clue on the best way to name campaigns and ad groups.

In the beginning my campaign names only consisted of the product name and targeting type. For example, spatulas manual or spatulas auto. I have even seen people create Amazon ads campaign names without even putting the product name in it.

The ad group name was no better. I used a naming system like ad group 1, ad group 2, etc. I have also seen people use the match type as the ad group name.

But as I started working with clients, analyzing search terms reports and advertising console data, I finally came up with a naming system that works for sponsored products, sponsored brands, and sponsored display.

I create one amazon ads campaign per product.That means I only have one ad group.

And the campaign and ad group name are the exact same.

Here is the structure of the campaign and ad group name.

You want to make sure you have a product identifier. That includes the SKU, ASIN, or product name.

I also recommend adding the keyword methodology to the name as well.

Add the date, the match type, and the name of the person or agency who created the Amazon ads campaign.

This naming system is better because it allows you to filter by each individual product in the search terms report.

It also allows you to filter by each individual product so you can analyze the performance in the Amazon advertising console.

As you can see using a smart campaign naming system allows you to take control of the data and scale your Amazon PPC strategically.

To this day I still don't know why Amazon does not put the product in the search terms report.

It's still a mystery.

Over time Amazon might add this data to the advertising reports. But I'm not holding my breath. I will continue to innovate with my campaign and ad group naming systems.

A quick reminder that this system can benefit new Amazon sellers as well as established brands. Because one trend I've seen over time is that established Amazon brands did not start with the most optimal campaign and ad group naming systems.

Thanks again for watching! Feel free to comment below, let me know your thoughts, questions, anything…

amazon ppcamazon adsamazon advertising

Post a Comment

0 Comments