Doesn't matter whose fault it is, rather, whose responsibility it is to fix it."| Live-Mas 05/10

Doesn't matter whose fault it is, rather,  whose responsibility it is to fix it."| Live-Mas 05/10

A while ago, I read a quote that went something like this:

"It doesn't matter whose fault it is, what matters is whose responsibility it is to fix it."

I've had more than my share of moments where I pointed fingers and blamed the people in my life for things that happened. It's easy to do this when the outcome isn't favorable. It's easy to find who is at fault.

The harder part, I think - and the more useful part - is looking at the situation, accepting it's not favorable, and taking action to repair it.

Whether is a job loss, a failed marriage, a health scare, a damaged business - in the end, who is at fault doesn't matter as much as who is responsible to repair it.

Does this mean no one is at fault and that everything is your responsibility?

The budding stoic in me wants to scream YES! But I'm aware that there are too many cases when the situation was clearly out of your hands.

How do you deal with moments like this? How do you reframe it to take responsibility?

Let's talk about it.

faultresponsibilityadulthood

Post a Comment

0 Comments